Tuesday, August 19, 2008

That bed's gonna feel so good...

Today was a busy day from start to finish.

I had a hair appointment at 8:00 (I discovered that 8:00 is a perfect time because I can shower and not do anything with my hair!). I just took the boys with me since it was so early and I figured no one else would probably even be there. I was right and the boys did wonderfully playing quietly with the cars they brought or just sitting and chatting with Kathryn and me. As always, Kathryn did a great job! She's a natural with hair.

Then we ran home to get Randall's breakfast (I had packed it to take to Kathryn's and then left it on the counter--oops!) and brush teeth before we went to the dentist for cleanings. Both boys did great and there were NO cavities this time! Yay!!!

Then we came home and hung out for a while, ate lunch, and packed up to go to Little Lion's. Mommy Lion had offered to watch Russ and Rand while I went looking at houses this afternoon with Wendy. I dropped them off at about 12:45 and headed off in her vehicle to meet our realtor. We traded vehicles because she and Daddy Lion took our kiddos to church tonight, where I picked them up and we traded back cars. Did you catch all that?

Wendy and I looked at about 7 houses, two of which were possibilities, one being a big possibility. In fact, one was a definite option, if Slade doesn't mind a farther drive to work. He's undecided... It was 4 bedroom and had a huge laundry room. Also a screened in back porch and woods beyond the fence. Slade'll go back with us and check it out and also time the route he'd take to work. So, we'll see.

I got home around 4 and threw Merrisa's Chicken Alfredo in the oven (saving her a trip home to cook it and a trip back to deliver it). Our small group was helping with dinner for a lady in our church that just lost her husband. A few people brought their food to me and I just took one trip to take it to her. While it was cooking, I listened to messages and there was a last-minute showing of our house planned for an hour and a half later and the timing worked out exactly perfectly. I took the Alfredo out of the oven, loaded up the car and headed out 10 minutes ahead of their appointment. And, the house smelled great for them. :-)

From there, I dropped off the food. Bettye's husband has been on our prayer list for quite a while with health issues, so her name was familiar, but I had never met her. She was very sweet and she and her family were very gracious and thankful for the food. God worked out the timing that I didn't even feel stressed with the extra stuff to do on an already busy day.

From there, I was headed to the church to help take care of the chilren of our children's church leaders so that they could have a meeting. That was a confusing sentence, wasn't it? But, I can't seem to reword it... Oh, well...

I had about half an hour until I needed to be there and I decided to head to Target. Then I reconsidered, since all I do at Target it spend money on unnecessary things, did a u-turn and decided to spend my money on something necessary instead--Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter and Chocolate ice cream. Ice cream tastes better when I can eat it in peace--without having to catch someone else's dribbles, remind someone to wipe their mouth on their napkin and not their shirt, or share a bite with anyone. It tasted delicious.

I got to church a few minutes early, helped with some set up and then the masses came. We had about 17-19 kids in the room with 3 workers. Mommy Lion arrived with my boys in tow and they joined the crowd. Everyone was very, very good; they were just loud. We took them outside to run off some energy and take up some time.

We got home around 9 and the kids were in bed around 9:15. They were both very tired. It was a busy day.

Tomorrow we have absolutely nothing planned. Aaaaahhh.

Thursday is Russ' Meet the Teacher, next Thursday is Randall's and next Monday, Russ starts 1st grade. I'm excited for him. I think it's going to be a great experience. I think pre-k will be a great experience for Randall, too. It's a little hard with Randall going because I catch myself worrying that the teachers will compare him to Russ (Randall will have the same teachers Russ did 2 years ago) and maybe not like him as much. Or maybe they'll compare them and like Rand better. Or maybe they'll be great teachers, not compare them or choose a favorite, and have a great year with Randall just like they did with Russ. I ought to focus on that more likely option, shouldn't I? :-)

And I will have Tuesdays and Thursdays all to myself. Oh, the luxury. I shall paint my toenails, eat bon bons, watch soap operas and hire someone to fan me all day long. Oh, the life of a mom with no children at home... Or I might be busy with MOPS, volunteering at Russ' school and filling in at Randall's school. Hopefully no one will notice the unpainted toenails...

Good night.

1 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

It was pure JOY having those boys over to entertain my boy! I'll take them anytime. . . so glad you got to have a little "fun" time to yourself, what happened to spending that Kohl's coupon?!? *wink*