Well, Slade and I conferred over the phone last night, crunching numbers, and called our realtor this morning with a counter-offer.
Jerry (our realtor, it's a husband/wife team) called later and said that the other realtor hadn't informed him that the buyers weren't able to accept a counter-offer because that was the lowest they were able to go. Before I could even consider re-considering their offer, he was quick to say, "Don't even re-consider it. We'll get you a better price. Don't you worry."
He went on to say that out of all the listings he and Wendy currently have, our house is getting the most traffic from potential buyers. He said that there are a lot of people looking in the price range we're selling in and not to even consider going as low as they asked. He was very encouraging and helpful and I really appreciated it.
So, we keep waiting. It was nice to have an offer, even if it didn't work out. We had some people come by today, so maybe that'll go somewhere. If not, we'll just keep waiting.
We did get a call from the insurance adjustor that came out and looked at our roof and shed. He said that the insurance will cover the roof and the shed's roof, but not the patio. That's fine with us because we weren't planning on replacing the patio. We would've used that for something else--new tile in the Master Bath or something.
So, all we have to pay is our deductable, which is under $1000. And, with Slade being out of town, he gets paid a certain amount each day and it should just cover the amount of our deductable. Isn't God good?
If we don't sell, at least we'll have a nice, new roof. :-)
So, the waiting continues. As does the clean house. I will say it's nice to have it clean, it's just a pain to have to keep it clean when we're not here. But, we just never know when someone will want to come by when we're not there to pick up. The boys have continued to be huge helpers (often even without being asked) and have had great attitudes about the extra cleaning and picking up. They're good kids.
Okay, that's it for now.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We will keep praying! I am happy that Jerry gave you such wonderful advice. Good for him for not jumping on the first offer!
I am glad that your leg does not have to be amputated. ;-) I miss you walking but I am sure it will be a while before you can come back. Keep off your leg and let it heal!
I hope Slade comes home soon so he can baby you!
I know what it's like to be on that "house-for-sale" roller coaster... (buying and selling and building - I think we're now on #8, and we'd love the sell the rental and build for ourselves!)
Keep praying - God has the right buyers for you guys at the right time!
Post a Comment