Well, yesterday, we drove to Dallas to visit Sharie, Coleman, Aleah and Drayk. It was a surprisingly quick and easy drive there and took about 2 hours.
They are staying in a hotel near the hospital as Drayk recovers from his 3rd round of chemo. He should go in next week sometime for his 4th round.
We had a good time and spent most of the day in the hotel pool. We're all a little pink and very tired! Swimming takes a lot out of you!
The boys had a blast and were surprisingly easy-going about the whole day. They travelled well, they didn't mind getting bonked in the head or back or face by anyone (mainly Drayk) in the small hotel room and were happy with all the food options for the day. It went well.
The drive home began on a frustrating note because we were stuck in traffic from 7:15 to about 8:30 and went only about 15 miles. Once we passed the busy exit (is that normal for Dallas or was something going on?) we sped up and were on our way. We stopped around 8:45 for blizzards and a potty stop and got home around 10:30.
I'm glad we were able to go and that the timing worked out with Sharie, too. I often forget that she's still going through such a difficult time. Since it doesn't directly affect me, I don't think about it. Shame on me. I wouldn't want others to forget about me after the initial shock and sympathy wore off. So, I'm committing myself to doing better at following up after someone's gone through a difficult time.
The kids didn't really sleep in and we have Small Group at our house so we can't put them to bed early. I'm sure they'll be fine, though. Well, I'm off to pick up. We have someone coming to see the house before lunch. So far, we've had at least one person come each day it's been listed, so that's good, but still no offers. The house we like still hasn't sold, either, though. That's good.
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment