Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy Bees!

Today was a busy day! We've had a few slow, quiet (boring) days, so today was quite welcome.

We had a swim party to celebrate the birthday of our missionary friends' daughter, Elise. The kids had a blast playing outside in small pools and jumping on the trampoline and then enjoyed a lunch of hotdogs, fruit and chips. Oh, yeah, and cake and ice cream. Everyone seemed to have fun.

From there, we headed to another friend's house so she and I could work on MOPS details (we start on September 9th!) and the kids could play. We were there for the whole afternoon and Russell, Randall and Little Lion played so, so well together the whole time! They wrestled, they played puppies, they played outside. They played.

Then Daddy and Mommy Lion had pity on me and invited us to stay for dinner. The kids were more than happy to continue the fun and I was happy to not have to cook. :-)

After that, we *were* going to head home, but the ice cream truck came through. I haven't gotten ice cream or snow cones from the ice cream man in years! The boys were so excited running down the driveway to greet him. Russell got a Ninja Turtle sherbet on a stick and Randall got the same in Pink Panther. Little Lion and Little Pumpkin got snow cones.

The weather was perfect and Christy and I chatted while the kids ate their desserts and drove around on the miniature riding lawnmower with trailer. They had a blast! They got hot, sweaty and then sticky. Life is good, right? :-)

In other news...

We got an offer on our house! Yay! Unfortunately, they offered $8K below our asking price. So, we'll counter-offer tomorrow and see if we move forward or not. It's a little scary waiting and wondering if we're losing our one and only offer... But, we know what we can accept and we just have to trust that God will either bring someone that wants to pay that or that it is in His will for us to stay here. Slade and I ran numbers (over the phone) tonight and came up with what we can afford to counter-offer. So, I'll update on that as I know more. It's exciting.

In more random news...

Tomorrow the kids and I were planning to go swimming (where has the summer gone?!), but instead I'll be heading to the doctor. I have a bite of some kind (I'm thinking spider) on my knee that I've had since at least last Friday and it's gotten so bad that today it is pretty miserable. At Christy's today, she was (wonderfully and I do appreciate it) bossy and called our friend's husband who is an ER doctor here in town. She e-mailed a picture of my knee to M (who I believe is a pharmacist) and F. F said it's not like I need to go to the ER tonight or anything, but I should definitely get to the doctor. And, Christy said she would call me to make sure I go tomorrow, so I'm going. My mom offered to watch the kids so I could go and was just as bossy as Christy. In all seriousness, I do appreciate their concern and encouragement (read--kick in the pants) to get to the doctor.

So, first thing tomorrow morning (after I let the bug people in), I'll be heading to the doctor. I'm a little nervous. When I was young, I had a tick bite that got infected and I had to have it lanced (drained). I remember it hurting badly and just crying. It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. Hopefully, it will just be a case of taking antiobiotics. I can do that without crying. :-)

So, it's been a full day. I'm missing Slade and wishing he were here in case our counter-offer *is* accepted. And in case the bite on my knee ends up being a big deal. I don't think it is, but I don't want to underestimate the possibility of getting an infection in my blood. Slade and I chatted on the phone and that helped. And, I haven't felt jittery or jumpy in the evenings while he's been gone this time, so that's good. :-)

And, now, I'm tired. I'm off to read a few blogs and then head to bed. Happy Wednesday to all and to all a good night!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck with the house offer! Actually, prayers that the right offer will happen for both of you. Much better than luck, wouldn't you say? :)

Glad you're getting the spider bite checked out. Better safe than sorry - take care of yourself!

I know what you mean about being jittery with your husband gone... mine just returned from out of town and now I can sleep better!