...or something... or someone...
Grrr.
We're having our carpets steam cleaned by my brother-in-law and I was getting all the furniture out of the livingroom and... Grrr... I broke our new TV. Yes, you read that right. I was moving it and trying to push the stand sideways once I got it to the kitchen floor. It doesn't go sideways. It goes forward and backward. So, I pushed the ridiculously heavy TV right off. There was a crash as it hit the kitchen floor and then a bunch of sizzles and pops. I'm thinking everything inside just exploded.
*sigh*
I called Slade in tears and explained what happened. He was so sweet and reminded me that it was an accident. He also came home to check and make sure I was okay (emotionally) and see if the TV was salvageable. I was, but it wasn't.
I am more irritated with myself for being impatient and not waiting for Trey to get here and help me. I knew it was heavy. I knew I shouldn't have been doing it alone. I'm just impatient.
So, now we have to get another new TV. I could kick myself. I guess I could kick the TV since it's already dead.
A few days ago, Russ spilled his milk (mere pennies and a little time lost to clean it up) on accident and I practically bit his head off. Then today, I "spilled" the TV (much more money wasted and soon more money spent if we buy another one) and Slade showed me nothing but love and grace. Shame on me.
*sigh*
I feel about this big right now.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm sorry about your TV! We have a 27" we're currently not using right now. I'm sure we could let ya'll borrow it indefinitely till you want to buy your own! :)
Awww, what a story!! I promise that we all have done very similar things like this and have totally "lost" it. I admit it! Patience is something that I have to remind myself to work on daily(esp. us moms). Remember these are all material things that we can replace(even though it is hard on the wallet). That is what I tell myself when we have moved 5 times and have damaged several items.
oh yikes. ugh. i hate that sinking feeling that you've just done something really big and not just little. like the time i was painting the trim at our old house and i went to move the step ladder and unknowingly knowcked over the entire gallon of paint... DARK blue on cream carpet! i just about passed out! ugh i feel for you.
Ok...that sounds like something I would do...not that that should make you feel any better :) I'm so sorry, I know the feeling. I've had to call Eriik on many occasion and tell him I've dented the van or something similar...not fun :(
I'm all about kicking the tv now! *wink*
It's no fun when God has to teach us something the hard way! *wink*
So sorry to hear your story, Jaime! I know it's hard to believe it now, but someday you'll look back on this one and laugh. Well, on a slightly happier note, you were an absolute genious sharing your scrapblog secret ~ I had a bit *too* much fun on that website myself, and ended up with a new look for my blog. So thanks for sharing your secrets and letting me "copy" you. And I love your blog ~ you are so creative!
Post a Comment