The kids loved the snow, too. Of course, you can see the grass around the snow. It was just a big patch of snow.
Trying to get the three boys to pose for a picture...
Ashlyn (who turned 16 while we were there) and me.
Ashlyn enjoyed playing with the camera and took this one.
Before the actual hike. The boys did more rock climbing than hiking (and slowed us down some, but we weren't actually doing it for exercise or anything) and had a blast!
A beautiful, fast-flowing river that flowed down from the mountains.
Russ really wanted to be on the top of this rock, but just couldn't get up. Uncle Chad helped.
Russ, Mitchell and Autumn on top of the rock.
Rand gives everything a thumbs up. Resting on the rock with Nanny got a thumbs up, too.
Autumn rests, too.
Russ plays air guitar. Yes, we got a lot of pictures of him doing that... :-)
Me and Peggy.
Slade on a high rock, taking pictures.
We found another patch of snow while hiking. Rand gave it a thumbs up. :-)
Beautiful view! Everywhere we looked there was a beautiful view!
Mitchell meditating... Well, at least sitting still for a bit.
This time, I think it's gorilla boy, not air guitar, but I could be wrong...
Mitchell took this one of Slade and Russ up on one of the many rocks climbed that day.
Some funnies:
In the car driving through the mountains, we taught Russ pig latin. He was so proud to catch on so quickly and usually got the words right. Randall called it pig language.
We were listening to a song that talked about praising God whatever your state and I explained that "whatever your state" means how you're feeling, your state of mind. For example, an angry state of mind, sad, nervous, etc. Later, when we were listening to the same song, he told his cousins, "I'm angry in my state." I think he was trying to explain it like we had...
Randall asked Nanny at one point while we were hiking, "Nanny, guess what I was singing in my head?"
We all slept really well that night!

1 comments:
I remember as a kid on vacation being in Colorado on the 4th of July and playing in the snow. It was so cool. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment