Okay, so it's not really the big day, as in the biggest day of our lives or anything, but it is a big day. Our house goes on the market today. I have been so busy getting the house ready and so excited about the possibility of more room that I haven't slowed down and really thought about moving. There are a lot of things I'll miss about this house.
It is our first house to buy and where Randall was born. We've been here five years, so I've potty-trained both boys here. (Don't worry, the carpet has been cleaned numerous times *grin*) We've painted and updated, gutted bathrooms (I loved that process--watching the old get torn off and the new put in!), arranged and re-arranged furniture. We moved here with very little furniture and we'll move out with a whole lot more... How'd that happen?
I could go on and on, but I know I'll just sound sentimental and I'm sure everyone feels this way when they move. I know we'll make new memories in our new house (wherever that might be) and that we'll form relationships with our new neighbors (although I don't think it'll ever be as perfect as it has been being next to Brad and Allison). We'll paint, update and change our new house to fit us, just like we did here and then my style will change and we'll have to do it again...
I'm actually looking forward to packing. It's a form of organizing and I love organizing! I'm even looking forward to unpacking. I'm not, however, looking forward to the mess created by both. But, it's inevitable, so I'll just have to suck it up. Anyone got boxes?
Our prayer is that this house will go to someone who will appreciate the work we've put into it, but maybe see areas where they can add their own touch and taste to it. Maybe someone with a boy since we have a sports-themed room. *smile* Maybe someone who will like my green wall that I have enjoyed so much (although it makes a weird color for indoor pictures...). Someone that will forgive the odd brick thingy that you first see when you walk in the front door and will appreciate the pretty board on top that replaced the fake plants that the owners before us had in it.
Someone that will see the laundry closet that is located in the livingroom as a good thing, as I've come to see it. Someone that will enjoy the huge backyard that was a tangled, jungle-of-a-mess when we moved in and is now clean and (mostly) leveled.
Someone that will appreciate the "FAMILY" letters that I'm leaving in the hallway because taking them down will leave ugly spots. (I used foam dots to adhere the wooden letters to the wall.) Yikes.
So, now we wait. Our realtor thinks we should sell quickly because it's a great price with lots of updates. That makes us feel good, but we don't want to get our hopes up. My Bible study this morning was all about how God's goal for us is to be molded by Him during the process of whatever we're going through. Our goal is usually to get to the end, but His is for the process. So, my prayer is that I will be aware of Him and His plan as we wait for this house to sell and for our next house to become ours. Patience isn't always my strong point, but since this process is part of God's will for me, I want to be molded during it.
God is good and I look forward to seeing how all of this will turn out.
Oh, and feel free to come by and see the house!

0 comments:
Post a Comment