That's what Fred Flinstone always said when the 5:00 dinosaur rang and he was finished with work, so that's what I'm saying because in about an hour and a half, I'll be headed to Dallas for the BSF retreat. I'm looking forward to it. It only comes around every 3 years, so this will be my first year. It's a time of intense Bible study, which will be enjoyable, plus I'll get to know the ladies in my class better and I'm sure new ladies, as well.
The downer... I'm missing my church's Ladies' Retreat this weekend. Boo. I always enjoy our Ladies retreats and the retreat committee does such a great job making it a lot of fun. But, it's a yearly retreat, so I'll be back on board next year.
I don't know if I've already said this or not, but after much prayer and talking with Slade, I've decided not to do BSF leadership next year. I still plan to do the Bible study because it's really the best study I've ever been a part of, but I want to focus my energy and time on MOPS for the next 2 years.
I will miss BSF leadership a lot, but I am looking forward to this new adventure. MOPS has encouraged me as a mom and helped me grow as a Christian, as well as just a person. I've enjoyed the speakers we have and have been challenged in lots of areas. I look forward to giving back to MOPS.
Back to BSF, we always give a pink sheet to the moms/grandmoms when they pick up their little ones that has a help (called a home training lesson) for them as parents. They're always very good.
Recently, the lesson was on praying for characteristics you want to see in your children. I know that's so simple and common knowledge, but it was eye-opening for me. I've struggled with the kids in specific areas, and I've been praying for them, but this gave me the reminder to be specific.
I've been praying for self-control for both boys. Randall can go totally out of control at the most random things and Russ gets angry easily. As I've prayed for self-control for them, it has helped me to be more aware when I'm in the situation of my reaction and how to better respond, too. Neat how that works, isn't it? :-) I've also been praying for Russell to be more empathatic. He is not usually very concerned for how others feel or if they are affected by what he does. I know I won't see immediate results, but I feel more proactive.
And I am seeing some results. This morning, Russ woke up very crabby because he went to bed later than usual. Slade's mom came over and watched the kids for the evening so we could go out before I leave. They weren't in bed super late, but we got home just a little bit afterwards and they heard us and wanted hugs and such. Anyway, so he had a hard time waking up and was growling and whining and such--all quite loudly. I looked him in the eyes and reminded him that he had a special time with Nanny, but that if he couldn't choose a good attitude after a special late night, then he would have to go to bed early tonight. It took a few minutes, and a few more gentle reminders, but he stopped the loud whining and has had a good attitude the rest of the morning. Yay!
So, all that to say, I'm so thankful to be a part of two very life-touching ministries--BSF and MOPS. I like them so much they both get capital letters, even. :-)
Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I really enjoyed BSF when I did it, but I loved it for the kids even more than for me.
Post a Comment