We garage saled from about 9 or so until 11:30, I think, and it was one of the best garage sale days ever! I found some great things. Here are a few of my fun finds:
Anyone know what this is?
Did you know it was a spice rack? Yeah, okay, so there are some smarty pants out there, but I didn't know what it was. And, once the seller told me, I knew I didn't need a spice rack, but I thought of a better use for it...
My craft paints fit perfectly and the whole rack spins like a lazy susan. The bigger bottle of varnish fits perfectly in the middle of the rack, too.
Next, I found these 2 glass containers and the bright blue pot. The glass jar on the right is in my bathroom holding cotton balls. Once I washed it, it was beautiful. It sits right next to a similar jar I bought from Southern Living that holds q-tips. Guess which one was cheaper?! I'm not sure what I'll do with the blue pot yet, but I loved the color and I think it cost a quarter. I'll probably use it for paintbrushes or something tall.
The jar on the left was 10 cents and it's huge! It must've been an economy size pickle jar or something. And it holds my copic markers perfectly! Yay! And, if I need more big jars like it, I bet I can eat pickles for a year to get one or two.
This was just a so-so find, but I couldn't pass it up. Chili pepper stamps and some really nice Memories stamp pads. Not that I need those colors in stamp pads, but I might need them someday, right?! And, I don't have any immediate need for chili pepper stamps, but, again, someday... The whole set was $2. I guess I could make a card for a "hot" friend or something... Any ideas?
The kids were even great the whole time we browsed! I told Randall he could help me go treasure hunting and he might even find something he really liked, his own treasure. He took the treasure part very seriously and wouldn't buy anything at the first few sales because he was looking for the perfect treasure. Finally, he let me talk him into getting a fun little gadget that looked like a compass with a hidden compartment. Perfect for playing spies. I practically had to make him choose it. He was really wanting that perfect treasure. I did appreciate that he didn't ask for everything he laid eyes on, though.
Any other garage salers out there?! What are your favorite finds?

3 comments:
I still like my "You add Spice to Life" card idea. :P
I'm hoping to hit up some garage sales Friday. We'll see if it plays out or not.
I LOVE garage sales. I did not know that was a spice rack, but your use of it is great.
If you pass along a Mexican recipe, you could stamp around the edge of the card or in the corner.
WOW Jaime!!! I love your garage sale finds and the uses you created...very impressed! My latest "find" was 2 weathered rockers for my front porch...the price? FREE!!! They were at the curb the night before trash day a few weeks ago when I was running by a house in our neighborhood. I asked the owners and they even delivered them. Yea!
The salsa stamps would be great for a Mexican Fiesta themed party or for the envelopes or on a gift tag if you make homemade salsa.
Alison H.
Post a Comment