Thursday, February 28, 2008

MOPS Happenings

Well, Randall is in bed taking a nap (and it's only 11:30). He has been saying his tummy hurt all day and has eaten hardly anything. I don't want to give him medicine, because then he's up and going and maybe all he needs is to rest.

But, that gives me blogging time. :-)

Well, some big happenings around here. I have decided to be the co-coordinator of a new MOPS group that our church is chartering, beginning next year. Our group right now is at maximum capacity (75 or so moms!) and there is still a waiting list. So, my friend, Christy, prayerfully decided to take on the task of starting a new one. Longview is definitely big enough to support more than one and I'm excited about it!

I really prayed about just how involved to be in this new one and, after lots of soul searching and going back and forth, I've decided not to do BSF next year so that I can let MOPS be my ministry. I will still be in BSF, just not in leadership. I know I'll miss many aspects of leadership, but I really feel like this is a good decision and direction. I only get to be in MOPS for 2 more years! Then I'll officially have no more preschoolers (they count kindergarten as still preschool since it's not mandatory in all states).

So, I probably don't really know exactly what I'm getting myself into, but I'm looking forward to all of it! I think the world of Christy and look forward to working with her in this aspect.

So, if any of you are interested in MOPS and would like to help out in any capacity (or even just attend!) let me know! I'll hook you up!

4 comments:

Mommy Lion said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited to have you on board. Looking forward to a great new adventure together!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and Christy for starting up a new MOPS group in Longview. I can't believe how big it has gotten! I know you both will be excellent leaders and are such hard workers. I can't wait to read about the new group. I would have loved to have gone to your group at FBC:(
Love,
Alison Havens

Jaime said...

We would have loved to have you with us, Alison! Have you found one where you are?

Anonymous said...

The closest one is 30 min. away and not an opening! I am in a mom's club here and a new group of new homeschooling moms(I am starting Caroline for kinder) that is awesome! Things are just a little different in this part of Texas...can you say liberal????
Alison