Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Whoo hoo! I won!

Ever since I went to the Stampin' Up! party a few weeks or so ago, I have been interested in stamping again. I don't know if I'll ever be as into it as I am in scrapbooking, but I do love seeing what other people come up with.

I have subscribed to many stamping blogs and enjoy seeing the beautiful cards that get my creative juices flowing. One blog that I have enjoyed reading is Cindy's blog, Creating with the Heart.

A few days ago, Cindy listed some blog candy (another word for free goodies) and I commented for a chance to win. I have commented on other blogs in the past and I've never won. But this time, I really liked the paper she was giving away and I couldn't wait to see who had won. I assumed it wouldn't be me because I'm just optimistic like that.

My heart jumped when I saw MY NAME! And, it was spelled correctly so I knew it had to be me! :-)

So, I'm looking forward to getting this paper (you can never have too much paper!--that's my motto). I had thought about using it on paper bag albums, but it's so fun and funky and I think I'll figure out a way to use it on my personal layouts, even though it's smaller than my 12x12 papers. I might use it to make a refrigerator album for my dad. He said a good birthday present for him would be a "non-girly" refrigerator scrapbook he could put on his filing cabinet at work. I don't know if he was just being sweet and supportive of me or if he really would like one, but I appreciated his request. (Okay, I just looked at the picture again, and the paper might be too girly. I'll have to see how the other patterns look. *grin*)

This Saturday, my friend, Mandy, is having a scrap day at her house, so I'm looking forward to doing some scrapbooking. I also have another Stampin' Up! party to go to. You can never have too many stamps--another of my mottos. *grin*

0 comments: