Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Ramblings

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! <--just had to throw that in

We had a fun, relaxing day yesterday at my parents'. Lots of good food and lots of fun. Christy's husband made the turkey and it was delicious! Christy made stuffing and a sweet potato/apple baked dish. I made rolls (one batch I burned--grrr!) and real mashed potatoes. Kylene brought corn and broccoli fresh from her garden (also known as the grocery store) :-) and my mom made pumpkin pies (with her famous homemade crust--MMMmmm!). Everything was very yummy and the kids ate on a sheet in the livingroom while the adults enjoyed chatting at the table.

For most of the day, the kids enjoyed playing together and we all enjoyed sitting around and doing nothing of any importance (aside from eating, which is quite important).

My mom told me about 66Stage where you can download and watch TV shows and movies for free and I had a blast watching Whose Line Is It, Anyway? with her and Christy. Kylene's husband was home sick, so she and Ally left early.

I had never seen (or even heard of) Whose Line Is It, Anyway? and I laughed and laughed. I love that kind of spontaneous humor. My favorite of the comedians is Ryan. He's the one in the green shirt in this clip.



Ryan reminds me of my friend, Byron, and maybe that makes me enjoy his humor even more. My mom and I both agreed that Ryan looked like Byron and even had similar mannerisms and such. Byron, if you're reading this, you have a twin! Byron is an artist and does fun caricatures. I was once a skunk. But, I digress...

So, anyway, when we weren't laughing and crying in the computer room, we enjoyed sitting around talking and telling the kids to stop _______ (fill in blank with any of the following: arguing, pushing, whining, asking for a cookie, throwing toys, etc). :-) A good time was had by all! :-)

I left my pimiento cheese at my parents' and I've been craving it all day. I might have to drop by their house and pick the leftovers up so I can have it for dinner...

The kids have been cranky this morning so both got naps. I asked them if they wanted to take naps (it was a threat because I was frustrated with the arguing and bad attitudes) and Randall said, "Yes, I do. But you don't have to put me down for my nap, I'll put myself down." Silly guy. Russ just had to have quiet time on his bed, but he fell asleep, too. Slade and I enjoyed the quiet and both boys slept for almost 3 hours! They are in much better moods now!

Well, I'm off to scrap some more. I have completed all but 3 of my orders, but one of them is the order for 8 tins and another is for 4. After I finish my Christmas Corner orders, I have a huge etsy order to do. A lady who has bought from me two different times wants 14 paper bag albums! Whew! I'm very excited! And, a little overwhelmed. She has been so encouraging and sweet about the paper bag albums and I'm looking forward to making them for her. I'm staying busy, that's for sure! But I'm really enjoying it.

0 comments: