Well, an update on the fundraiser issue. I called the school and left a message for the coach to call me back. (The fundraiser was for Athletics) I haven't heard back. Big surprise.
So, I went to my bank with a copy of the tampered-with check and it took all of about 10 minutes and they very sympathetically "refunded" the $30. It was easy and painless and I even got to vent a little to someone who shared my indignation. It just went perfectly. :-)
The check had been made to the school, so there's no guarantee they will even be able to find out who turned it in (and tampered with it). But, I do want them to know that it was an issue so they can pay closer attention next time. And, I want to let them know that I won't be buying from a student I do not know again.
And, I'm doubly thankful for the modern convenience of online banking! It would have been weeks before I caught that if I'd had to wait for the paper statement from the bank. So, I guess all's well that ends well.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad that everything worked out, I've found that banks are usually pretty good about working with you with stuff like this. I still can't believe someone would do that but I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of, I would have been FURIOUS!
You remained a lot more calm than i would have. I'm sure I would have been AT the school, not waiting nicely by the phone.
Glad you got your money back.
Thank goodness you got it worked out. (although I hate that the student ruined it for other fundraising students - one bad apple, you know...)
Post a Comment