Sunday, September 23, 2007

Whew!

And double whew!

What a weekend!

I had another craft show this weekend, this time in Gladewater. Gladewater is a relatively small town, so I didn't know what to expect, but I went with my neighbor, Ally, and she said it's a great show to sell at. She was right. This was her last craft show since she is getting out of her beading business. I actually got to just share her booth because she didn't have enough to fill the whole area.

We left yesterday morning around 7:15 so we could set up and be ready early. The show actually started at 10, but Allison said that it would be good to be early. I wasn't sure I liked her thinking, but she was right. We were set up by about 8:30 and there was a small crowd by 9. So, I'm glad we went early.

We stayed until about 5:30 Saturday evening. We were supposed to stay until 6, but a lot of the other vendors were closing for the evening, so it's pointless to stay open.

When I got home, I had to take a shower first thing! I was dusty! Since we were outdoors and were set up on a grassy/sandy field, I was covered in dust. It could have been worse (Allison said it was last year), but it was pretty dirty.

Then, this morning, we went to early service and Slade and the boys stayed for Sunday School. I came home to get ready to head out again. We got to Gladewater around 11 and it was raining, so we decided to stop for lunch. When we finished eating, it was no longer raining, and we set up again. We had left everything there overnight, tucked inside the canopy. I wasn't sure about leaving everything, but everyone else seemed okay, so I went ahead and left my stuff, too.

There was a pretty small crowd today, but it was still worth it to be there. We were supposed to be set up from noon until 5, but by 4, other vendors were closing up and there were storm clouds coming in. We decided to pack up around 4:20 and by 4:35 or so, we were getting rained on! Luckily, by then, we had all of our stuff already packed into plastic boxes, so the only things that got wet were the tables, the canopy and, of course, us! We were wet and dirty and hot and sweaty! Whew!

When I got home, I jumped into the shower again and had a little time before we went to pick Russ up from AWANA to pick up and such. We took separate cars again to the church (like we did this morning) so that Slade could say "hi" to Russ and good-night to both before he headed to my parents' to watch the Cowboys play.

Now the boys are both in bed and I am exhausted. I think I could fall asleep if I slowed down long enough. But, I don't want to go to bed this early! And, I'm in a scrapbooking mood! Between this show and last weekend's show, I sold a lot of my "stock", so I need to get scrapping again! I'm glad it went so well. I have one more craft show for the year and then I'll probably be taking a break for a few months, maybe even doing nothing until the Fall again. I don't know, that might just be my tired body talking. I do enjoy it while I'm there.

I also enjoy shopping at the craft fairs! I bought some fun fall decorations yesterday and today. I found a big wooden pumpkin to hang on the door (or somewhere, Slade doesn't like things hanging on the door because they bang around). It's about 12 inches tall and it's super cute! I also got two pretty stained glass leaves that I can hang on a window. One has two acorns on it and it is so pretty! Maybe I'll post pictures someday...

Well, now I'm off to... do something... either scrapbook or read... or sleep. Sleep is sounding kinda nice right now...

Good night!

0 comments: