The worker reached in and found a little one that she picked up and snuggled. She looked and said it was a girl. It was so sweet! It is crawling on my shoulders as I type and it is so sweet! It also tickles like crazy! She hasn't bitten any of us at all. She lightly nibbled on me once, but it didn't hurt and didn't seem like she was being unkind.
The boys and I named her Bashful. I kinda assumed we'd be getting a male hamster, maybe since I have boys, but she was so sweet, they were okay with getting a girl. I had wanted to name our hamster after one of the Seven Dwarfs since it would be a Dwarf Hamster and the best of the dwarfs' names for a girl hamster was Bashful. Both boys keep confusing her name and calling her "Dash-I mean, Bash-ful".
The picture is not of our hamster because it was such a busy evening, I just never got a picture, but Bashful looks very similar to the one in the picture. I'm not sure whose picture I stole off of the world wide web...

We might get another to give her a playmate, but I'm not sure. We'll give it a few days and see how she seems to settle in. I think I'm just as excited as the boys (if not more so) to have a pet. We'll just work our way up and eventually, I'm sure Slade will agree to a cat and then a dog... Okay, that might be pushing our luck...

5 comments:
It didn't occur to me until AFTER we got the dog that I was wanting a female!!!
I was just looking up a site about dwarf hamsters because they looked so cute! The site said that they are better in pairs because they are social animals but you have to make sure they are the same sex and from the same litter or they might fight. http://www.hamster-heaven.com/dwarfs.html
My hamster chewed the butt off my other hamster. Evil little creatures. :)
So, how goes the hamstering?
Steff, I know it's not funny but I just cackled out loud when I read that!! AKK!
The last hamster we had was mean as a snake. He could draw blood.
Post a Comment