Friday night, I hosted a jewelry show for my friend, Rebecca. I went to high school with her husband, Matthew, and have enjoyed re-connecting with him and getting to know her. We have a lot in common and have become fast friends.
Well, if you've never been to a Premiere Designs jewelry show (and I hadn't), then you need to host one for Rebecca. She is so fun! She is knowledgeable about the jewelry in the catalogue as well as about what is "in" right now. She had fun tips on how to wear your jewelry and even fun things to do with scarves. She gave away lots of jewelry and other girly things and was just lots of fun! It was a small crew, but she kept it exciting.
That was Friday night. Then, of course, I was up early Saturday and out all day. Slade and the boys had a long day, too, with taking Slade's mom to Dallas to the airport. It was about 3 hours one way. Slade said they were so good, though.
Saturday evening, we had small group. I got home about 15 minutes before small group started. Slade and the boys had already left and I got changed and met them there. It was a good meeting and afterward, we headed home to rush kiddos to bed. I was exhausted. I crawled into bed at 10:00, determined to be asleep at 10:02.
But, Slade and I started talking and then the phone rang at about 10:15. It was my dad and he said he was taking my mom to the Emergency Room and asked if I could come stay with Josh and Julia (my parents were watching them while Kyle and Christy were at a youth retreat). I got dressed and got to their house around 10:30. My dad said he wasn't sure if my mom still wanted to go or not, so we looked up her symptoms on the computer. They lined up with the symptoms of a heart attack so I said she had to go! She felt terrible and agreed, so she and Daddy left around 11 or so for the hospital.
I was now wide-awake, so I picked up around their house until I had prayed and calmed myself down. Then I layed down on their couch. I drifted off to sleep around 11:45 or so and my dad called to say that they had my mom on fluids and had admitted her, but still didn't have any conclusive answers.
I went back to sleep and awoke to someone trying to open the front door. I jumped up off the couch and realized it was my dad trying to unlock the door when I hadn't locked it. So, he probably locked and then unlocked it and that must've been what I heard.
He said they were giving her a liquid to drink that would take 1 1/2 hours to go where it was supposed to go so they could do some more tests. He said he was home for the night and I could go home. It was about 1:00 and we talked for a little while.
I got home and in bed around about 1:30. I was supposed to teach Children's Church the next morning, but I just knew I'd be exhausted, so I asked Slade if he would call Ginny, our children's director, for me in the morning so I could just sleep.
God had other plans. At exactly 6:59 (one minute before the time I would have set the alarm for, if I had been going to church), I woke up. I didn't just wake up, stretch, rub my eyes and go back to sleep. I woke up. Wide awake. I thought about laying there until I finally went back to sleep, but then I figured God might be telling me that He wanted me to go ahead and go to church, so I just got up and got ready for church.
I was going to go to 1st service to teach and Slade was going to bathe the boys (we didn't do it the night before because we got home from small group too late) and join me for Sunday School (which Slade teaches). Then we'd all go to 2nd service.
But, I called my mom on the way to church and she said she was home from the hospital with the diagnosis of a really bad flu bug that just hit her hard and fast. So, I offered to get Josh and Julia after my class ended to give her a chance to catch up on her missed sleep (as well as rest and get better without kiddos). I forgot to tell Slade, so he signed the boys into Sunday School and about 5 minutes later, I signed them out to take them home with Josh and Julia. Oops...
Sunday afternoon, I took a nap. A much-needed nap that felt good. All 4 kids took naps, too.
Slade went to Matthew and Rebecca's to watch the Cowboys game while I waited with the kiddos for Kyle and Christy to get home. Then the boys and I joined Slade at the Simcoxes (would that be Simcoxen since ox becomes oxen when plural?!). I have begun a sign-language class that our pastor's wife, Sharie, is teaching and we are meeting at 4 on Sundays. I didn't make it this Sunday.
Rebecca and I and the boys went to Taco Bueno for a very quick dinner and Rebecca (who helps out at AWANA) took Russ to AWANA while I took dinner back to the guys. Then Randall and I joined Russ at AWANA (a little late) for Parents' Night.
Whew.
We rushed home after AWANA, threw the boys into their jammies, brushed their teeth, spanked them all soundly and sent them to bed... or something like that. Then Slade and I fell into bed early... and thus began our week.
Whew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I got tired just READING this!
It's good to have people around who you have a lot in common with, I wish I could find more around here. Matthew always seemed to be a pretty good guy although I didn't know him all that well. I've been to one Premier jewelry party and I really enjoyed it, too. I love the scarf trick they teach, very creative!
Give yo' Mama a big hug for me....once she's no longer contageous! Uncle Phantom
Post a Comment