...Okay, I know that heaven is way better than this, but I just bought a diecut machine that I am so, so excited about!
I've been researching diecut machines and have e-mailed back and forth with some ladies who own different machines and I finally decided on one that will be able to cut through chipboard, as well as regular scrapbooking paper and cardstock. It was a little more than I had originally planned on spending, but I am paying for it out of money we've saved up and I can write it off since I'll be using it for my business scrapbooking, as well as my personal scrapbooking.
It ships within 48 hours--Whoo hoo!
I leave this Friday for a weekend of scrapbooking and it is going to be torture to leave it home. I know myself well enough, though, to know that I won't get any scrapbooking done if I have a fun new toy to play with and learn and get frustrated at. So, I'm leaving it home and I'll figure it out after the weekend.
I plan to get a whole stinkin' lot of scrapbooking done this weekend, too. Last time we had this weekend away, I got a lot accomplished and I want to do the same this time. If I get a lot done, then I don't have to do my personal scrapbooking in between our weekend getaways. I can save it all for the trip. Then I can do my business scrapbooking in between Dallas weekends. In theory...
There is a big learning curve for the machine, but once I figure it out, it will be a huge time-saver (and space saver, because I won't need as many extra tools and such). I am so excited! I might not be able to sleep tonight!
Well, I'm off to dream scrapbooking dreams!
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well, Sweetie, it's midnight, I just got off work, and I'll be up for a while in case you can't sleep! xxoo -- Uncle Phantom
Which machine did you get? I've really been thinking seriously about starting a business, too and I could use some good equipment.
So what did you get? I got the Cuttlebug a couple months ago and I *LOVE* it! It can use Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Spellbinder, QK dies and embossing folders/templates, so it's SO versatile and I pull it out all the time! I hope you like your new machine!
Well, after researching all the diecut machines, I knew I wanted one that could connect to my computer so that I would have a practically unlimited amount of fonts and graphics. It was between the Craft Robo, the Wishblade and the Klic-N-Cut.
I went with the Klic-N-Kut Element. It can do everything the Craft Robo or Wishblade can do, but it can also cut CHIPBOARD. I also don't have to buy separate software for one of the main functions I want, which is to connect words.
I can also make stickers by printing from the computer to my printer and then cutting them on the Element, without cutting through the backing. I doubt I'll ever use that funcion, but it's neat. I can make vinyl car stickers (ie: Proud Mom of an A Student or whatever) :-)
The main reason I bought it was to make word/gradual books. That's the next thing I want to try in my "business". I haven't seen them on etsy and I've only found one or two people who sell them on eBay. I love how they look!
So, we'll see how long it takes me to learn it... :-)
Post a Comment