Sunday, August 19, 2007

Craft Fairs

I signed up for a craft fair in November at Maude Cobb. It's the Christmas show and it was the first craft fair I did last year when I first decided to make a business of my scrapbooking stuff (thanks to my friend Allison's encouragement).

Since Allison invited me to share her handmade jewelry booth last year, I didn't have to pay for a booth. Since I didn't have to pay for a booth, I didn't know how expensive they were. This year, Allison isn't selling her handmade jewelry and so I'm on my own and a booth is *gasp* $250. Eeks! But, I asked if there was anyone who might be interested in sharing a booth and they said they did have someone who would like to share to split the price. So, I'll have half a booth, which means only one table (bummer) and half the price, which means I won't fall over dead when I write my check (whoo hoo).

I wouldn't usually do such an expensive show, but everyone I've talked to that has been a vendor there has said it is so worth the price. So, we'll see. If it isn't "so worth the price", then I just won't do it next year.

I also have two craft fairs in September. One is in Pittsburg and is just all day on a Saturday and the other is in Gladewater the next weekend and I believe it's Saturday and Sunday. Both are supposed to be great shows and I'll be paying $50 for each. If I have to pay a little more in a really good show, it's worth it to me verses paying a little tiny fee and then having little tiny business.

So, we'll see how these go. I haven't done a craft show since the one in Paris (Texas, that is) back near the beginning of the year. Even with my hotel stay and booth fee, it was still definitely worth my time. I hope these are, too.

So, I'll be busy scrapbooking and adding to my crafty stock. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it...

0 comments: