Thursday, June 28, 2007

I am such a sap..

After crying through Paul Potts' performance on Britain's Got Talent, I told myself it was just because Paul was so good. And, he is a great singer. But, I have cried through at least 4 other performances on YouTube of other performers...and it would have been more, but I stopped watching...

One break danced (broke danced?) and I cried when he got three "yes's". He did a great job dancing, but it was more his personality. These people have put themselves on the line, so to speak. I'm sure it feels personal when they get a "no", even though it doesn't mean they are inedaquate as people or anything.

The tap dancer who had such a sweet story on why he tap dances made me cry and I was so mad at the judge, Piers, for giving him an X. I could obviously NOT be a judge because I think I'd want to say "yes" to everyone just because they'd all worked hard...okay, well, some of them don't look like they worked that hard, but still...

The other night, Slade and I began watching American Inventor on abc.com and I just boohoo-ed when the people got "no's". I finally told Slade I just didn't want to watch it anymore. I just kept thinking how devastating to be turned down when you had placed your dream on the line. And some of the judges were a little rude. I just felt so bad for the inventors, not only having their dream invention laughed at, but also having it happen in front of millions of people!

Like I said, I could not be a judge. And, I should probably stop wasting time watching and sniffling through these acts, too...

4 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

ok, the old man one made me cry :)

Stephanie said...

I want that to be Ted when he's 79! And I'll be right beside him. :)

Anonymous said...

Paul Potts made you cry?

Pol Pot made millions DIE!

Anonymous said...

The above whatever was NOT Uncle Phantom, my Dear, and I just cried as well at Paul Potts. What a sweet story and a humble man. Blew me away. When it's not 2am, I'll go and find more of him. xxoo -- Unk