Yellow Bear had to have surgery today. It was all my fault. It was right before Randall's nap and he and I were wrestling and I was grabbing Yellow Bear away from him before he could even get his arms around him (he was laughing so hard he could hardly move to grab him).
Well, one time, I grabbed Yellow Bear and we both heard a "R-r-r-i-i-i-p!" Yikes!
Randall immediately started crying. Then we went in search of safety pins to tide Yellow Bear over until we could get the doctor here. The doctor is my dad. He's a better mender than I am and he does all of Yellow Bear's surgeries. (And Yellow Bear has had many in his short lifetime.)
Randall said he couldn't sleep with Yellow Bear with the safety pins (the rip was about 6 inches long! and it took about 6 safety pins to hold his stuffing in). I said it was kinda like having a cast on. I asked him what would happen if he ever broke his arm. Should I stop loving him and cuddling him? He said no, so I said Yellow Bear was still Yellow Bear, he just had a rip that Oscar would fix as soon as possible. Randall accepted that and fell asleep in no time.
As soon as I left his room, I called my mom and asked if she and my dad would like to come over for dinner... in return for Daddy's services. She said she was sure Daddy wouldn't mind being Randall's hero.
So, after dinner, Oscar sewed Yellow Bear up and he's as good as new. Whew, what a relief. I was talking with my mom on the couch while Daddy sewed and I meant to stop and get a picture, but I forgot! Bummer. But, I'm sure we'll have future surgeries that I can photograph, so I'll be sure to be ready next time.
Thanks, Dr. Oscar, for doing house calls. I'll give you spaghetti and garlic rolls any time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We sure had fun tonight! I love hearing the boys giggle and laugh! Great food, great company - thanks so much!
love, yo mama
Post a Comment