Today, out of the blue, Russ asked what he could dress up for Halloween. I asked him what he wanted to dress up as and he said "Larry Boy" from VeggieTales. I said we'd see what we could do.
Then I asked Randall and he said, "I want to be a tree." Why he wants to be a tree, I don't know. How to make him a tree...I also don't know. I had just read a cute idea of how to make your kiddo a pile of leaves, so I asked Randall if he'd like to be a pile of leaves instead and he loved that idea. Russ loved it, too. They both want to be a pile of leaves. I'm going to see if I can find a child-size rake for Russ to carry (Randall would leave it laying on the ground and we'd never know it and it'd be gone, but Russ would hold it or give it to Slade or me if he got tired of it).
So, I googled "leaves costume" and found it! I also found some other cute ideas. Here's the site with a lot of non-traditional/non-super hero ideas. Super easy and many could be added to to make them even cuter.
I also like the Cloudy with a Chance of Rain costume! How funny is that?! I also heard of letting your child carry a squirt gun (since there's a chance of rain) and I think Russ would really like that one! I'll have to run that idea by him.
Since I'm not very crafty and I wouldn't ever sew a costume, Halloween always seems a little intimidating. I don't want to spend big bucks on a cute costume, but I also don't want them to not get to dress up just because I'm cheap and not crafty. *grin* I'm excited about these creative ideas.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
FYI: Plastic kids rakes were at Dollar Tree so you may want to call them to see if they are still available. Just wait and see on our blog what our little girls are going as :)
Alison
I've got plastic rakes here at the house. You wouldn't even have to buy any!
love, yo mama
I can't wait to see pictures!!!! They're going to be so cute! It was fun hanging out the other day. I miss spending time with you!
Post a Comment